Thursday, August 23, 2007

Is MacT The Right Man For The Job?

After seeing the much hated Calgary Flames hire Mike Keenan as head coach, I asked myself a couple of questions: Is Craig MacTavish the right guy to coach our team?, Did he take a puck to the head a few times too many?, and Can he take our team to the Stanley Cup finals without a star studded lineup?


Now heres the thing, I don't mean to bash MacT so much, hes probably a nice guy. I'm just not sure hes coach material. What I'm saying here is, we need someone more along the lines of a Mike Keenan to coach our guys. MacTavish is known for being personable, the only thing being, we don't need personable. We need a coach who when the Oilers make stupid passes in their defensive zone, and play hot potato with the puck, to scream, and yell at them with druel hanging out of their mouth. I don't know how many times I've watched a game thinking, why the hell are the Oilers playing dump and chase? Ales Hemsky was not designed to play dump and chase hockey. If it was a designed play for Smitty or something when he was here I would kind of understand.

Well the only thing to do I guess is wait and see. What do you think of MacTavish as our coach?

No comments: